Saturday 19 April 2008

things on my mind for the past one week…

SUNDAY, April 13, 2008 5.27am

considering that my life has taken its turn (a big turn I must say!) 24-hours a day, 7 days a week are just not enough! I have to pile up my newspapers on my small table, and transfer it onto my bed every time I want to use my table, and putting it back on the table when I want to sleep, and the cycle goes on and on for 5days, so I can read it peacefully on weekend. Sigh….sigh….sigh…..

And seeing that I kept forgetting to ask my brother for the modem, it means that I cant update as I usually did before…

So, ive been doing some reading and here are some of the things that got stuck in my head…

  1. more posts for teachers in schools?? Something to do with trying to lessen the teachers’ burden…

I remember dulu, back in primary school there was a teacher who needed to be ushered to class all the time coz otherwise, he wont enter the class at all. One day, my monitor was absent and my friend and I was given the honor to become the entourage for the day. Sampai-sampai at the staff room, we went up to him only to find him flipping through an Amway catalogue page by page. So kitaorang pun cakapla, “cikgu, sekarang dah masa bahasa Malaysia,” then he looked up at us and said, “haih, nak tengok catalogue pun susah!” aik, kena marah pulak?!?!

And he was also my discipline teacher in my school then. So I can really see the big burden he was having…of course this doesn’t apply to all teachers J

  1. MCA identified 20 of its members who campaigned for the opposition during general election and 8,000 of its members in Klang parliamentary did not vote on March 8.

    • Okayla, I can understand the campaign for the opposition part. I mean, no matter how cacat your party is, try to stand by it. if u feel that the whole objective of the party totally differs from ur political beliefs then the most appropriate thing to do is to resign from whatever post ure holding and angkat kaki la. But if u feel that u still have so much to ‘gain’ from the party, then shut up and play Mr. Noddy…

    • I find the 8,000 figure very funny. So they say that this is one of the reasons why MCA or rather the Barisan lost on March 8. one question, so assuming all these 8,000 people voted during the election, could Barisan win its parliamentary seat in Klang? Was the majority that low? Why cant they just settle for the ‘too much talking but not delivering part?’

And the resort for these MCA members? >>> Membership terminated! (erm, no offense but they didn’t even bother to vote, so I cant imagine them crying hysterically over the termination.)

  1. for weeks ive been praying day and night for kepala batas and kawasan yang sewaktu dengannya to rain. its freaking hot out here! Even the trees look so sad (tak cukup nutrient) that the cows have to settle for semak samun opposite my housing area. The trees reminded me of the ones planted by my mum (a pathetic attempt of her I must say) in our very, very small land (too small, sampai nak panggil a land pun sedih) right next to the drain.

So last Friday, I went out with jaja to the island and Butterworth, got back home at around 10.30pm and was utterly relieved and jumping with joy coz it was cold in kepala batas. In my heart I was like, ah, seronoknya!tadi hujan…! even today, I was hoping that it will rain by any chance until a few minutes ago I just read that apparently there was a freak windstorm in tasek gelugor at 4pm that lasted for 30mins last Friday. Erm…that’s like 10minutes ride from my place :( oh crap!! I’d better be very careful of what I wish for from now on…….

  1. Now civil servants in perak govt can work without political duress, says the newly appointed MB. So makcik-makcik and pakcik-pakcik in govt offices don’t worryla…tak vote for opposition pun takpe. If u have ur resignation letter all typed out, u can throw them away. On the other side, the penghulu-penghulu kampung must have said, dang! Why did I sent in my resignation letter at the first place??!! As for the MB, ah, this is a place of transparency and integrity!

  1. ACA (that is Anti Corruption Agency for those who didn’t know) to adopt intelligence-based investigation method that is a world class approach. Alamak….’world class’ approach? I think I had a concussion for a few minutes after reading that!

  1. Flash news to all Selangor citizen: our MB is going frequency!! Or at least he’s trying to get the radio station to let him have his slot. Haih….so kesian. He wants a slot and they refuse to give him so he’s ultimate resort is to ask them to leave the govt building. All this thanks to the pig farm issue. Maybe he should follow khir toyo’s footsteps and open a blog himself. But since being the new MB requires too much of his time, then so hire someone to open a blog la… like the pig farm issue, he claimed that he was just preceding with what was approved by the previous state govt so I think he can do the same by following khir toyo’s footsteps as a blogger….

  1. Anwar has confirmed that he will not be in the parliament in the next few months but he will definitely say hi to his old friends in the cabinet by the end of this year. Ah, I just love reunions….dont u?

  1. By the end of this month a bowl of mee may cost 20 to 30cents more…judging on aimi’s face when she heard it, I can conclude that it’s the same faces made by:

· housewives who are thinking: what should I cook for the kids to replace mee?

· husbands who are thinking: okay…additional money on food, and where can I cut my budget from? Ahh…. childrens pocket money, cut to half!

· kids who are thinking: ala, syoknyer gambar mee kat tv, esok nak makan mee kari la kat kantin! (obviously they are not aware that mee naik harga!)

· students: ala, makan nasi pun mahal, mee pulak naik harga….i makan maggi everyday la camnie!

· boyfriends: crap! Isn’t there any place to bring my boo out without spending so much money on food?? Or maybe I should ask her to pay half???

· hawkers and restaurants owner: oh dear……should we increase the price? But the customers will fled away! Oh I know! We can add less vege and other ingredients, but add more ajinomoto to compensate. They’ll never know mah…

· people who are on strict diet like me are thinking: haha….another reason why I should just diet!

  1. Final thought before I crash, with all these news about the restoration in the government, can u imagine Malaysia with less patronage especially towards the malays? Being a malay myself, I cant say that I have not benefitted from this. But to be fair, lets think outside the box. We have punished them. After 50 years of rhetoric, they have been called to action and right now they are paying for it. we punished for numerous reasons. Mainly, its because there were many wishes neglected and unfulfilled. We, the citizens place very high expectations on them..

“When I was a boy, they were my pride and joy, but now they only bring fatigue. To the home of the brave, the land of the free, and the doormat of the National League”

Have we ever turn the table around or take a mirror and look at ourselves? Maybe we are expecting too much? Maybe we are asking too much? Or maybe we are demanding too much from them?

I guess it’s a whole lot easier to point finger and placing blame on others….

No comments:

Post a Comment